Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stuck Carrot

Has been a while since I penned. Food for thought - since we moved in here we have been too busy, guess that is a good thing. Kids have ample space to play and hardly rant for my attention, guess that is a good thing. Husband is happy with the yard and has embarked upon stringent cricket coaching for the boys, guess that is a good thing. I like everything about this place - flowers, bugs, leaking faucets, very quiet neighborhood, being able to recycle, lawnmowers occasionally breaking the silence, hardly a face to be seen anywhere, library around the corner, ample biking friendly sidewalks for the kids and much more, guess that is a good thing. And the above are the exact reasons why I don't like this place and guess that is what "like- dislike" being the two sides of the same coin is all about. Just a wee bit tinkering iyour mind and you start flipping the like to dislike and vice-versa. Not sure if that is a good thing, or did I mean a bad thing.

Amongst these opposites the boys are growing up by leaps and bounds. Summer in full swing and most of the days they are at home, me being too lazy to send them to a half-day school and the lunch menu forbidding a full-day stint. The day they are home is again a mixed bag but I feel a strange sense of achievement when such days are done. I didn't write this (the very next day I send them to school irrespective of the lunch menu). And conversations are getting more refined with the little one joining in more often that not.

Last morning I woke up to Manav's cries on the potty.
"What happened baby?" I asked
"You made me eat those (baby) carrots. And now they are stuck in my bum and poopy won't come out" he wailed

And the other day
"You are just a beaver" Manav said pointing at Arnav
"No, you are just a beaver" Arnav retorted
Actually they meant Justin Beiber. Misha had introduced them to this teen singer but they preferred the wild angle.

I am not sure if I should include such an adult content in a kiddie blog, but then the kid said it so have to. Hope no feelings hurt.
The master bathroom in this house has a door without a lock. One day while I was changing Manav barged in saying something but stopped mid-sentence
"Mommy what are those hills?" Don't get any ideas I was clad, just not adequately.
While I was groping for an answer and a t-shirt at the same time, Manav self-explained
"Oh, look I have only marks" lifting his t-shirt and pointing
"and you have real hills" and walked away satisfied, leaving me stunned.

Thus summer continues with many more hilarious incidents which my old mind has forgotten. All I need is to train my mind to register the events. Awaiting the fourth of July vacation at my brother's, till then enjoy some pictures.


Feet in the air - during a recent playdate

Boys enjoying the Denton Airshow


Future Fighter Pilots



Ending with the savory bowl of pasta with "planet" olives, which closely ties with dosa for the position of "Most eaten food in the Parekh household". Yes, you got it, strangely the kids don't like Pizza unless a Birthday Party makes them hungry.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! But is this a clear indication that there will be no more posts until after 4th of July? Please say no to leave me hanging around here in anticipation, at least!

    ReplyDelete