Thursday, April 28, 2016

Cosmic Yoga with Darth Vader




This is so scary...I mean its more than a year I have penned anything here. In my mind though I keep spinning the sentences I would write if I were to write and get vicarious pleasure in that. Today I almost forced myself to write. I mean the boys read the posts occasionally and laugh their heads off and repeat things that they find so interesting and that brings in the real pleasure. Plus so much has been happening, they're growing up and every day brings in stories, every moment is worth photographing, framing and jotting down. Alas, cannot do that. And then memory is fragile, fades away and I just cannot remember what was it that made me clutch my tummy and go crazy that Arnav said.

Without further ado let me get to the point. We will go LIFO (Last In First Out). So I was putting the boys to bed. Ripe moment for awesome frame worthy kiddo quotes but invariably I'm the crankiest around that time and all I want Oh God all I want is somehow they lie down and fall asleep. Instead 

"I'm Jedi. And here's my light saber" says Arnav sitting on the bed with his leg raised cradled in his arms - yes the yoga pose and goes on to do some more like hopping dinosaur : forward bend with hands behind ankles and what looked like downward dogs and back bends. Couldn’t catch all the descriptions since he’s babbling at a speed where his speech becomes undecipherable. Once I was able to calm him down he said this is cosmic yoga and they teach this in health class at school.  

The other night Arnav goes – “Hey Mommy”
“Yes baby”
“Can you put me to bed tonight?”
“Sure”
“No not with just hugs and kisses and then you leave. You have to make sure I fall asleep. I have been lying awake all night lately”
Apt to mention that the kids were sick. Some viral fever. And Manav being sick turned in way faster than Arnav.
“Ok. But what happened?”
“Manav doesn’t talk anymore. And then he doesn’t tell me Arnav go sleep. And so I don’t know when to sleep and cannot sleep”
That night I slept with him, made sure he fell asleep then stepped out. I did Manav duties in a different way for 2 nights till he took over. Things are back to normal.
 

Another day Manav goes – “Mommy did you complete your MBA? Are you an MBA?”
“Yes”
Manav hugs me. Aweee he hardly does that on his own accord, I’m surprised.
“You earn more than $50/hr”
“????”
“Well they taught at school that MBAs are the top of the career chart and earn highest.”
Checked the paper after the fact that they were using some charts etc to figure out hourly income, compute monthly income all commensurate to your education level. So many things going on and my boy just reveled in the fact that I was top of the chart. I did feel a wee bit proud of myself too. Too much financial literacy going on as well in third grade.



Have to insert this - So we have plans in summer. Or lets put it this way I have plans for summer. I want the kids to learn Hindi. They know quite a bit, speak broken Hindi but we want to do better than that.
So I said " This summer I'll teach you Hindi. A penny for every Hindi word you say"
"Haan Ji" says Arnav
"Two pennies. Yes that's the way"
He thinks some and then breaks into a song "Dance Basanti" !!!
After the laughter mayhem dies down, he says "Teach us Telegu or Tamil or Gujju"
I was just plain impressed he even knew those languages existed, while conveying my inability to teach those.

There are just way too many things to write in this single post. But I need to call it a night. Tomorrow awaits with don’t-want-to-wake-up kids, bus for school, lunch ,work, thank-god-its-Friday, no not really its chess tournaments till midnight, then sleep in late on Sat, Manav’s birthday party on Sunday that-reminds-me-I-haven’t-ordered-cake and its Monday already !! So long and hope I keep posting. Here's to me and you, will do a happy baby to close it out. Wonder if that was R2D2.

No comments:

Post a Comment