Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dallas Vegas and Last Vegas

"Open your eyes Mommy, I have to tell you something"? said Arnav at 5:30 AM.
"Mmmm....let me sleep please" I mumbled
"Noo Mommy please open your eyes"
I obliged
"You have your eyes open" said Arnav matter of factly.

Thus my day started, in the wee hours of the morning. They usually go back to sleep but not today(1st Mar, I haven't been able to publish this one). I have been very tired having hardly slept over the weekend so have been sleeping most of Monday. When I reached on Sunday, the boys were hardly able to contain their excitement. They were holding my hands as much as the seatbelts and my turning from the front seat to reach their back seats would allow. Manav could not stop smiling and Arnav could not stop saying 'Mommy' 'Mommy'. It sure felt good getting back. And yes, Arnav said Mommy is back from "Dallas Vegas" and Manav said it was "Last Vegas".

We reached home and Manav hugged me and said
"Mommy I am so happy that you are back" and showered me with tonnes of kisses. I was overwhelmed and found tears stinging my eyes when he added
"Remember when we were sleeping you asked me what you can bring for me from Last Vegas?"
"Yes" I was kind of getting where this was leading to
"And I said please get me dinosaurs, the one with remotes"
"Yes" Now I was convinced
"Did you bring that? The dinosaurs?"
"Manav, I didn't bring any dinosaur as they didn't have those in Vegas. But I did get you a racing car and a golf cart for your brother."
"Yayyyy"

And they played with some serious concentration

And shared some laughs

The other highlight is Manav has been enrolled in a soccer class. On Monday he went to a parents soccer meeting at YMCA. Before leaving he told Arnav
"Arnav be a good boy. I will be gone for the meeting. You take care of Mommy and don't trouble her"
"I want to play soccer" said Arnav
"You can play soccer here at home. I will play at YMCA"
"No, I want to play soccer outside" reiterated Arnav
"Yes, you can play outside. I will come back and watch you play. I have to now go for my soccer appointment"
Caunteya informed me that he was hyperactive during the meeting and couldn't stop hugging and kissing him. He repeatedly kept asking
"When will we play?"
and chose a number 10 T-shirt. The practice session is on Thursday, so hold your breath for that post complete with shin guards, cleats, long socks, shorts and jerseys.

Arnav got busy with writing on his legs

And the brothers shared the spoils of the sandwiches they made

Yesterday we went out for some 'soccer practice' and here is Arnav in big brother's shadows.

Before leaving for outdoors Manav and I had a big fight. He was insisting in wearing shorts and I was adamant that he wear trousers outside.
"Mommy you are not listening. I have to wear shorts" Manav cried
"You can wear shorts. We can stay indoors and practice" I said
"Nooooo. I have to wear shorts"
"You can wear short sleeves but long pants"
"They don't match. I have to wear shorts with short sleeves" Manav whined
I kept quiet, no use haggling.
"Mommy, you are not behaving. I will tell Papa to throw you out of the house." He has no clue who has that power, if at all.

Getting ready for the big shot to climb up the charts

While Manav attemped the tree.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can already get a feel of Manav's excitement with the soccer.. sure as hell it would have put him on cloud nine!! Aah, and what a welcome treat it would have been!!! And yeah, I see it was you who won again - Indeed it was trousers and short sleeves!

    ReplyDelete