Sunday, January 30, 2011

New doctor

As you can see I am on a consolidation spree trying to put as much as memory would allow in the posts.

This happened on Jan 21st. A few days ago a friend's 2 year old (let's call him Y) hurt his collar bone and we had a long talk as to how X-rays help in diagnosing the same and some more details.

Manav was explaining to Caunteya how he will offer Y some jelly beans so that he doesn't cry in the doctor's office.
"Papa the doctor will then put some cello tape, oops some band-aid on Y's bone and it will be fine after some time".
"So why not cello tape, Manav? "
"Cello tape is for paper papa, for bones it is band aid"

That was last night and next morning the boys were again pretend playing doctor. Manav put on his skeleton Halloween outfit and asked Arnav (clad in his transformer outfit) to take an X-ray as the bones were showing so clearly and find which was broken. Arnav did as instructed. Then Manav had to become the doctor and Arnav came to his office as patient and was told to lie down.

"Where does it hurt Arnav?"
"My back" (I have a bad back and that's all I keep talking abt when I don't want to pick them up etc...so of course that was the reply expected)
"Ok....looks like you are running too much and falling down and hurting your back. You need to calm down and sit in one place and read a book (that's exactly what I tell them)"
Then Manav took him to the couch and made him sit and read Goodnight Moon, which Arnav read for 1 minute ( an achievement)

Then I was invited to the doctor's office. I also said my back hurt. Manav said "Mommy your back hurts as you talk too much. You need to not take calls and when the phone rings just say "I'll call you back" ...you can talk to papa as he will come home to family"
When prompted about talking to other close friends he concluded wisely that anyone who lives in the same apartment complex deserves to be answered others ignored.
He also mentioned "If you do this for a long time (he had 2 fingers up, so I guess he meant 2 days, 2 months or whatever) your back will be fine again."

Then both of us were given our car "treasures" and sent home.

They continued playing and I was trying to feed Arnav his evening snack oranges. Dr. Manav said "You may feed him the oranges in here (pointing to his "doc office")"
"You may also feed me some"


The boys in the Halloween costume I was talking about, but here Arnav is the skeleton.

1 comment: