Monday, January 31, 2011

Weather and Toothpaste

Great going, can't help pat myself on the back for having sent all 3 boys off to school and work by 8 AM. The secret? Caunteya has a 8:30 AM meeting.....so now you know what is the driver in my house.

The boys woke up around 7AM, quite decent as they slept by 7:30 PM yesterday as there was no afternoon nap (weekends are always off schedule). Manav woke up first and after usual hugs, cuddles and good mornings ran to the laptop to see the weather. He read the "degrees" and decided he needed to wear jackets and no shorts. And then explained to me showing his head - "Mommy this is the sun" and then spread his hands "These are the clouds" and then the hands started moving towards the head and "Mommy this is how the clouds will cover the sun and no sun....it'll be all cloudy today and tomorrow"

When Arnav woke up he explained the same thing to him and added "When there is other degrees then the cloud will go off and sun will be out again. Then you can wear shorts"

So let me shed some light on his passion for toothpastes as I promised. Actually its not toothpastes, its everything of a kind....I mean say many cars, dinosaurs, combs, glasses....you get the drift right.....but yes toothpaste/brush ranks a little higher. So he has his bathroom drawer full of toothpastes (collected from dentist offices and raided from our bathroom) and each one has a name depending on what they eat that day:
- gummy bear toothpaste
- candy toothpaste
- party toothpaste (where they have "jhal juice" which is soda)
- sparkley toothpaste (which make ur teeth sparkle)
- adult toothpaste (which is ours and not in the pic shown below)

In stark contrast Arnav has only one 'baby toothpaste', which he doesn't resent as he is not rebuked a lot if he doesn't spit it out and he's happy with the less attention there. Now let me tell you Arnav has this ability to convince you that he is a 'baby' or a 'big boy' to his advantage....when he wears his socks and shoes he's a big boy, you can't help him, when I told him this morning to take a bigger bite of his waffle he's a baby and when you tell him to say his alphabets and numbers he just pouts and says "I'm a baby, I cannot do that"

Now going back to the toothpaste topic. Everyday these toothpastes would come out laid neatly on the carpet and Manav would read the lables off to Arnav.
"Babies should not use this toothpaste. You cannot swallow the paste. Adult has to supervise brushing till you are 6 years old" ( all verbatim as explained by Papa)
It became a little too much when I had to actually ask for my toothpaste every morning and Mr. M would allow me to use it....if I mad the mistake of taking my paste and putting it in my bathroom after brushing at night, there will be a big teary lecture about how one shouldn't take stuff from little kids after being repeatedly told not to . Thank God now we can use our own pastes without permission from his highness.


The collection....Kids' Crest is the party toothpaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment