Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day

I had already decided last night that there will be no school for the boys as the weather was going to be bad today. So woke up late and since then things have been at a leisurely pace. Manav woke up and informed me "Mommy I have switched on the kitchen light so you can make me some chai to soothe my throat" so today Manav has priority over papa..

Arnav is asking for waffle and cereal ( the ususal breakfast I offer them) so I get to business. Waffles on the dining table with a cool view of the snow/ice outside.

Arnav says "Mommy will you feed me please?" Let me tell you Arnav is a very polite kid till his patience runs out, then he turns into a yelling, screaming, pouting, puffing "Non't (don't) talk to me. I am agree(angry)"
I reply "I am making chai so either you wait, or feed yourself, or let dada (elder brother) feed you" Too many options and I should have known better.
Arnav says "Nooo, Mommy you feed me"
Manav says " I can feed you Arnav. I am three years old, I can do things. Do you want me to do something for you ?"
"Nooo, Mommy you feed me"
I reply " You have to wait Arnav"
And now Arnav is very "agree". He says "You are a very bad boy Mommy, I will lock you"
Manav says " You like her?"
Arnav " Noooo, I lock her"
Before they could get locked into a verbal duel I step in to feed Arnav.
By then Manav is going on his imaginative journey....puts two rails (flicked from his train table), puts on his waffle and sings " Happy birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me...." blows the same and says " Arnav I have a creamy chocolate cake, you have a waffle"
Arnav " No you have a waffle, I have a waffle"
Manav " No I have a creamy chocolate cake"
After a few iterations, Arnav says " I have a creamy chocolate cake"
Manav " I have a chcolate chip waffle"
Arnav " Noooooo" ......... till I intervene.

Then, Manav bites into his waffle and makes a shape. Comes singing to me
"This is chocolate chip, sailing ship,
And when I reached Jamaica I made a stop
But I am sad to say I am on my way
I had to leave a little girl in Kingston town"

I have been trying to write this for 2 hrs now....still stuck with the usuals.....so will let this go and write another one when I have a breather. There is promise of interesting stuff....so check back.

Manav is saying " Will you supervise him?" and I can't answer my usual "No" to this....brushing is a serious affair in this house. 

"Mommy are there any sneaky germs?"....and right now I am staring into a wide little mouth .

No comments:

Post a Comment