Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Parasaurolophus

Today the morning began with all four of us in one bed. Usually the family is spread over in two rooms and three beds. I always wonder why we have a third bedroom. Coming back to the point, it was a very cuddly happy morning with Manav saying
"Ms Foley said we have to love everyone"
"I love you Mommy, I love you Papa and I love my little brother" he continued
Before we could convince him not to wake up Arnav he went over and kissed him and said
"I love you Arnav" and whole family was now officially awake.
Somehow these "days" - Valentine day, Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day etc have seeped into the system and totally floored my 3 year old. I can still save my 2 year old. Maybe we can relocate to
Iran ( I googled for 'no valentines day country').
  

This is before they left for school. Manav was reading 'The Big Red Sled' and Arnav was reading, yes good guess 'Ramayana'. Manav said
"This is Fred" pointing at Kumbhakarna and Arnav said
"This is Kumbhakarna" pointing at Fred
and then they changed the pointers but still continued arguing.
Manav read in his book " Arnav is a bad boy, he is not listening"
Arnav read "Manav is not listening"
and some more tomfoolery.

On popular demand here is the Valentine card that Manav made for Papa

Note the card has 4 hearts, mommy and papa's joined and the kids running free !!



On way back from school Manav wanted cookies. I said
"You can have cookies as dessert, that is you eat them after you finish lunch"
"I want to have cookies with lunch" said Manav
"Ok we can put the cookies in the same plate as lunch and eat after lunch is done" I said
"No, I want to have it with lunch. One bite lunch, one bite cookie"
"We'll have cookies after lunch" I stuck
It went on for a while, cookies were replaced by candies, I tried saying that tummy gets confused with both lunch and cookie/candy so should separate them but nothing seemed to change Manav's mind. Once home he told me
"Remember the car deal? We decided that I will have my skittles with lunch"
I shrugged and let him have the packet of Skittles on his plate (Arnav meanwhile had opened his packet and had the skittles on his plate) but thankfully they didn't eat them till lunch was done. I have realised that Manav is so tired by these arguments and negotiations that when the time comes to finally eat the disputed cookies/candies he is not interested any more.
After lunch Arnav asked me
"Did Manav finish his food?"
"Yes" I said
"Manav now you can eat your Skittles. One at a time. Clear?"
"Lets eat all of them, like this" Manav said and put a handful of skittles in his mouth
'I cannot eat all of it. I have to finish mouth. They don't fit in my mouth." Arnav said

Today I managed to put both of them down for a nap (the secret - they were allowed to hold a lollipop each which they could eat after waking up). I asked Arnav what was the name of the lamb that he was sleeping with and he said "Very Lamb"
They woke up and were happily licking their lollipops when Manav said
"Arnav I am having dark pink and you are having morning blue"
"Morning blue" said Arnav and giggled
"Why morning blue Manav? " I asked
"Because it is not dark in the morning" Manav said
I am a sphagetti head so I am still trying to figure out what he meant.

Then he came up to me and said
"Mommy I gave two fireman stickers to Arnav. He came to the fire station and didn't cry when the siren was very loud. He is a very brave boy"
I saw two Valentine stickers on happy Arnav's t-shirt.

We went out in the evening. It was nice and warm and they had a good time running and walking with the stick, mud, berries and anything that caught their attention. Manav told me
"Mommy look aunt Payal"
I had no clue who she was and looked all around. "Where Manav?"
"There, right near your feet"
And I was staring at an ant pile.

For want of a better play area they climbed up the car. Someone mentioned we should buy a BMW so I let them play on this one to their hearts content. Note the red marks on Manav's arms. He had colored them with marker and told me "Mommy I am hurt. There is blood all over" and was perplexed when I didn't show any concern.

Did I mention Arnav is now potty trained? He does use a diaper when he sleeps at night though. Today I ran to the bathroom as it was so dark and I saw Arnav trying to pee.
" I was very susu Mommy (so I didn't switch on the light)" he said

They were fighting with the Lego blocks yet again and I irritatedly said
"Manav there are 2000 blocks, why can't you have your own blocks?"
Then when I told Manav to bring the blocks out in the box so that they could build while I feed them ( today Caunteya was not around during dinner) he said
"I cannot handle 2000 blocks Mommy, you have to help"

"Mommy Parasaurolophus don't have angry face like the Tyrannosaurus. They have a happy face" Manav informed me.
I had no idea what he was talking about. I know T. Rex but what was Parasaurolophus? I wanted to google but then I didn't know the spelling. I asked him to help me pronounce it. He did so patiently
"Para-sauro-lophus"
I was trying to spell it on the Google search bar and he helped me with the phonics.
"Mommy it is lla- lla 'L' ......pha-pha  'F', when we came to the 'lophus' part"
Anyways finally we found it and Manav was happy seeing the same happy face on Wikipedia.

While brushing Manav said
"I have to hurry as the astronauts will come"
"Astronauts?" I asked
"Yes, they come at night. They are not bats"
"Where did you hear that?"
"In my paper. They wear glasses so I cannot see them." Manav continued
"What paper?" I persisted
"In my 'A' paper"
Then it fell in place, he does handwriting homework everyday and for each alphabet there are pictures of objects that start with the alphabet, so for 'A'  it was an astronaut. I wonder when the apple became obsolete.

2 comments:

  1. They are so hilarious. I love reading these. And lazy mom that I am, since I dont have time to blog, I record Preyash's funny conversations. A couple weeks back it was about 'voice commanded cars' that he wanted me to buy so I could voice command the car to drive him to school and back (i.e. with me not being in the car and car driving itself). Considering recent Google/Lexus experiments that really may not be too far in the future after all. Then I prodded him on where he got the idea and after much investigation I found out it came from a weekend of watching 'Transformers' and how those cars helped the protagonists, especially BumbleBee and Optimus Prime :-) That put the smile back on my face. At least all the movie and TV watching is getting some creative juices flowing - I reassured myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... even I heard the "Parasaurolophus" term for the first time, but I didnt google thinking ot may be one of Arnav's innovations (like maimtemams ;)) .. the smiling face made me happy too!! Love 'em both!!

    ReplyDelete