Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine and Love

Happy Valemtimes day
As Arnav would say
From a family of four
We have some more (love for you)

The day began on a morbid note. I was having a tough time getting Manav to have his milk and had to hit ( tap him lightly on the shoulder) him. He said
"Do you want me to die?"
I left it at that
He sulked for a bit and then came upto me and said
"I am done, I finished my milk"
I hugged him
"If you hit me on the neck I will die Mommy. You don't want me to die"
Ok lesson learnt.


Arnav is so much easier with the milk (less passion for the blocks)

After school they came home with bags full of valentine goodies and immediately got down to business.


After several reminders and one threat of trashing the candies they came for lunch. Post lunch they opened the "gum" candies and had one each. Manav said
"We have to spit these out after all the juice is gone. Don't swallow like candy Arnav"
"Ok" Arnav said
"Did you swallow the gum Arnav?"
"Yes"
"Mommmieeeeee"

Then they went to bed and Manav told me
"When I say I don't love you, I still love you and Papa"
Arnav said "Mohor Mohor" (gold coins, they learnt this from a Bengali DVD) and giggled.
I was kissing Arnav and he said
"Are you kissing me mister?"
I kissed some more
"No kissing me mister blister. No kissing me on the nosey. It hurts. Kiss me on the forehead"
I kissed every corner of his face. He is the cutest and cuddliest one around.
Then more silly talk, threats from me to trash candies and that worked with Arnav, he  slept but Manav walked out with me. He finished his homework and worked on a Valentine Day card for Papa.


He said "Papa will be impressed with the card"
I didn't quite follow so said "What?"
"Papa will be proud of this card, that means he will be impressed."
"Sure he will be"
Card done he started putting all the star stickers on himself while I cooked dinner. Then I saw he was putting the stickers on the dining table. He said
"I changed my mind. I was putting the stickers on my face and hands but now I am putting on the table. It is Valentines day so these are the decorations"

Then Arnav woke up and started making his card. (Note the stickers on the table)

Evening was nice and warm (71 F for fish) so we went out for a stroll. Manav loves running away, he doesn't hear a word of caution and it is very very difficult to contain him, more so when I have Arnav to take care of too.

Snip, snap, snout
My tale is told out
Manav and Arnav love "The three billy goats Gruff" both book and song.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, am sure Manav's statement would have made your day!!! You didnt tell us how Caunteya liked the cards they made.. (Though I am sure he'd have bloated with joy n pride)

    ReplyDelete